On completion of the course, participants should be able to:
• Share and learn knowledge about climate change adaption.
• Promote the concept of climate change adaption planning in the context of
• Understand climate change-related threats and ways in which these can be
managed and mitigated.
• Understand the danger posed by climate change and its implications that call for
• Spearhead discussions on adaptation strategies to climate change in Africa.
• Share experiences on climate change, environment and development
and the politics of global climate change.
• Identify and policies tools that have been developed for mitigation and adaptation
• Gain more confidence in undertaking risk assessments, developing
policy and determining planning applications in relation to climate