Water, Sanitation Hygiene Management & Programming Training.
This course in Water, Sanitation hygiene management and programming training helps participants in understanding that Drinking, eating, washing, excreting – these are things we do every day of our lives. But the
way we do them can have a major impact on our health.
Drinking, eating, washing, excreting – these are things we do every day of our lives. But the
way we do them can have a major impact on our health. Good hygiene practices are an
essential part of daily life and we all need to understand what hygiene means, why it’s
important for our health and wellbeing, and how we can change our behavior to safeguard
our health. Promoting good hygiene in your community and educating people in ways to
protect themselves and their families from ill health is one of the most important aspects of
WASH technicians and other employees of service providers and local bureaus need to have
a good understanding of social, cultural, financial and institutional issues at the local level.
They also have the responsibility to ensure that the service users are aware of their rights and
responsibilities, such as how users may influence decision makers, and ensure the service
providers are accountable to their customers.
The delegates of this course in WASH will be able to:-
- Describe the significance of environmental health at the community level
- List the environmental risk factors involved in the transmission of communicable diseases
- Explain the basic components and purpose of environmental health planning.
- Describe the main categories of environmental health hazards.
- Explain the basic principles of pollution management.
- Describe the criteria that are used for evaluating the effectiveness of personal hygiene application
- Describe the technologies available to provide safe drinking water in urban settings and the main challenges associated with them.
- Describe how water emergencies can be managed, including the treatment, storage and handling of drinking water in the home.