- This event has passed.
IT Audit, Forensic Audit & Fraud Prevention Training
Every organization faces the risk of financial loss due to fraud, but maintaining an effective audit function can help mitigate that risk. Auditors, both external and internal, must have a thorough knowledge of fraud detection and prevention to effectively fulfill their mission. Additionally, one of the best measures that any organization can take to mitigate the loss associated with fraud is to equip employees with the skills and techniques needed to detect and prevent it. Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of fraud and how it can be detected and prevented is essential to maintaining the financial integrity of any organization, large or small.
Expected Training outcomes.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define the various types of fraud related to computers and IT
- Identify the types of antifraud controls and rate their effectiveness
- Analyses a variety of documents to identify information relevant to a forensic investigation.
- Plan and conduct forensic accounting and auditing investigations that are consistent with current and accepted principles and practices of forensic investigation.
- Develop an investigative methodology grounded in a conceptual framework and consistent with accepted forensic techniques.
- Identify the generally accepted accounting principles and the generally accepted auditing standards when analyzing and interpreting financial statements.
- Work in compliance with professional rules of conduct, ethical codes, industry standards and relevant legislation.
- Situate work as a forensic investigator within the context of the
- Locate, assess, analyze, interpret and report data using computer applications.