Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+)
Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation
(REDD ) Training.
This comprehensive course on REDD covers elements required to the implement of REDD at regional, country, county and community levels including the current financial resources available. The course will also cover how to engage the relevant stakeholders to principles of good governance.
Expected Training Outcomes.
After completing this course, delegates should be able to understand what is REDD , treaties addressing climate change, REDD implementation and financing.
Broad Training Objective.
This highly interactive course will endeavour to deliver the following broad modules;
- Introduction to REDD , IPCC, UNFCCC
- Climate Change and the Role of Forests
- Drivers for deforestation and degradation
- UNFCCC context and requirements
- REDD Safeguards under the UNFCCC
- Framework for building national forest monitoring system
- Forest Reference Emission Levels (FRELs)
- Estimation of Uncertainties
- Emission factors measuring
- Community based monitoring
- Carbon emission estimations
- GHG emission estimation from Biomass burning
- Current and evolving technologies
- Performance reporting for REDD
- Policies and measures for REDD Implementation
- National Strategies and Action Plans
- Financing REDD
- Approaches for the Allocation of Incentives
- REDD good governance.