Managing the training Function Course
Managing the training Function Training.
Given the rapid pace of change in today’s business environment, employees must continually learn through their
careers to maintain performance and ensure business sustainability. The Managing the Training Function program
enables delegates to understand the key elements of managing training in small and large organizations and to bring
the training function into the strategic core of an organization.
This program will to provide trainees with the necessary techniques to address employee training and development
needs in alignment with the overall strategic goals of the organization.
Expected Training Outcomes
By attending this program participants will:
– Understand the role of the training function and align it with all HRD functions.
– Formulate training objectives in relation to the organization’s business strategy.
– Anticipate changing training needs
– Learn how to use a comprehensive department systems audit to assess how your function is operating in
ten key areas.
– Develop an internal consulting approach to your role as manager.
– Examine when and how to use 9 types of assessment tools to diagnose performance problems and identify
– Apply a nine-part plan to build alliances and work successfully with line managers and employees.
– Identify essential elements of a performance improvement plan.
– Determine what to include in a client service agreement to address performance issues.
– Use competency models in defining training.
– Determine training versus non-training needs.
– Transfer the training plan into operational reality.
– Calculate the training ROI.
– Implement the talent management principles.