- This event has passed.
Management of HIV/AIDS at workplace Training
Management of HIV/AIDS at workplace Course.
This practical workshop on Managing of HIV/AIDS at the workplace provides relevant information on HIV/AIDS
epidemic has in the workplace and the staff. It provides insights into development, implementation and active
maintenance of HIV/AIDS workplace policies incorporating the legal and moral requirements for such
Participants will look at the personal impacts on employees as well as on organizational areas such as finance,
policy and procedures, business climate, roles and responsibilities, human resource adjustments and
program. Participants will gain insight into the care continuum of HIV positive people, prevention
strategies, the rights of the employee and employer, workplace HIV/AIDS critical issues, as well as best
practice in HIV/AIDS management.
– Assess the extent of their existing knowledge and experience of HIV/AIDS and dread diseases
– Understand what HIV/AIDS is and what causes it
– Understand what HIV/AIDS is and where it comes from
– Explain how infection takes place and the progression of the disease
– Appreciate the impact of HIV/AIDS on the individual, the family, the workplace and community
– Be familiar with rights of employee and employer related to HIV/AIDS
– Conduct an impact analysis for your unit/ department
– Identify workplace implementation strategies for HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment